12pm to 4pm Saturday 14th October, included in the price is an afternoon tea of scones, jam and cream.
Dive into the world of hand piecing with Nic Vaughan, Craftapalooza Designs.
In Hey Hexy - Paper Free EPP Nic will teach you how to handpiece hexagon shapes without using papers. She’ll introduce you to the magic that is hand-stamping shapes to sew together by hand. Included in price is a kit which contains 1" Hexagon stamp with handle, inkpad, Hey Hexy Pattern and hand piecing hexagon instruction printout.
You will learn :
- How-to stamp fabric
- Thread and needle choices
- Hand sewing how-to, including hand piecing hexagons by hand, minus papers. Two different construction methods will be taught.
- Fussy cutting fabrics
- Tips on choosing fabrics for your own Hey Hexy cushion
You will need to bring:
- A mix of fabrics, 20-30 different prints to make hexie flowers, fat eighths will suffice, fussy cutting will use more fabric
- 2 x 2½" strips from WOF for hexie flower centres
- Needle and thread for hand piecing,
- Straw #10 or Miliner #11
- Fabric scissors
- Small cutting matt (used for stamping on